"Wherever you are; be all there." is a quote from missionary Jim Elliot that has played an important part in my thought life for many years. It has become something we quote as a family whether we're doing school, listening to a sermon or playing a game. Our 8 weeks in England are up and we've been home about a week. It is wonderful to be back with friends and family, but a tiny minute little piece of our hearts were left in Oxford. We had such special time there that it's hard to express in words. Charlie did work a ridiculous amount of hours on his project, but we found time to have sweet fellowship together. Our life was simpler there. My job as wife and mother were undistracted by ministry and cares of the world. (even though i love those ministries!) It was sorta like living in tiny bubble. Now we are back in the heart of winter and must remind ourselves "wherever you are, be all there"!
i do have some more pictures to share from England but i can't seem to get them on the computer, so that will have to wait until another day. Here are a few from the last couple of days.
1 comment:
I think I can understand that "bubble" feeling you describe. I have days when I wonder if we don't need to enforce more of a bubble - I can see what a sweet and refreshing reprieve it would be. However - the Lord calls us to do whatever our hands find to do with all of our might. I am seeking to fulfill that instruction in a selfless way. My wife and mother duties coming first, and precious they are!
Glad you're back - would love to do a play date/catch up sometime soon!
Post a Comment