Monday, June 15, 2009

joy & gladness


I was praying through some of the Psalms this morning for strength. It helps me remember what is really important. For me and how I look at it, my children are the greatest ministry I will ever be apart of. Time and ministry with our youth group definitely has eternal results as well, but my children.....it's charlie's and I that are responsible to teach them. The last few weeks have allowed ample opportunities for trainings our little boys' hearts. this morning amidst a conflict i wiped open my Bible to read Psalm 51. I was so encouraged by verse 8. It simple says, "Make me to hear joy and gladness..." Just that one phrases brought such peace. Hope that doesn't sound odd...but there wasn't, necessarily joy & gladness happening at that very moment....I spent some time praying through some other verses to get my heart right...and soon after there was joy & gladness back in our family. Praise God that He is a God that we can come to at anytime and He listens and answers our prayers!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I wished we lived closer! You are such a wonderful mom, and I would love to glean from some of your insight!
We seem to have lots of training of hearts going on in our home at this time too! And i am gaining wisdom from Proverbs.