In striving to keep the focus on the gift already given to us by God some 2,000 years ago Charlie and I set a limit of 3 gifts for the boys. They include a toy, a spiritual gift and a random gift depending on the child. This really is helpful as it's so easy for us to get carried away sometimes.So this year, amidst all the "That would be cool to get..." or "That's what I want for Christmas..." we have had conversation with the boys about the importance of being thankful for whatever they get. Then we've talked about how incredible the gift of Jesus Christ is to us!
Anyways, 2 weeks ago we were driving somewhere and Ethan-out of the blue- declared, "Mom, even if i only get fruit for Christmas I'm going to be thankful for it." {Huge smile on my face at that moment!} Ethan isn't getting fruit for Christmas--although he will eat some that day. :) But that statement has meant so much to me. I've found myself reflecting on it through out the day. It brought thoughtfulness in my own heart. Would i be thankful if i only got fruit? I hope so. It has really helped with my attitude towards wants vs needs. i don't need anything.
So i hope no matter what our friends & family get for Christmas I hope they are thankful--even if you get fruit. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment