"Do not boost about tomorrow,
for you do not know what a day may bring."
Isaiah 55:8,
" For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord."
******************
These verses have been my constant companions over the last month. The content keeps repeating in my heart & mind. They bring comfort.
A while back we moved Ethan into Elliot's bedroom and purchased bunk beds. Sounds great doesn't?! That was part of our plan, sorta.
You see...I thought i would move them into bunk beds when we became pregnant with another child. Then we would make room for another baby...but as time has passed by it would appear that it's not the Lord will to give another child at this time. So our boys are getting bigger and needed a place to call their own. One Saturday we transformed Ethan's construction themed room into a practical playroom. We then purchased the bunk beds. My wonderful & talented husband put it all together and thus begin another stage in our parenting.
I cried the day we switch them to a bunk bed. Not b/c I was angry or anything. I was once again reminded that God is sovereign and He has a plan for us. In addition, His plans so often are not what we plan. (a glimpse into my heart--get married =large family, homeschool, become an excellent gardener, become a super organized woman....well at least we still homeschool)
And it's not just the bunk beds. There are many areas that I planned on that I did in the flesh and just assumed God would bless along the way--how prideful and foolish.
Yet, in all this I am blessed with salvation, a godly husband, 3 children(Elkan- i'll meet him one day in heaven!), a beautiful house, a neat ministry with our youth group, great friends, food, warmth.....anyways, could go on for days.
So I must resign myself to echo Paul's word: "I have learned in whatever state I am to therewith to be content."

3 comments:
Julie! I am sorry for your pain! Praying God continues to give you comfort and contentment as you wait on His perfect will! Love you!shauna
I have so many fun memories of bunk bedding with sisters of varrying ages above or below me...=) I am excited for the wonderful relationship building this will be for your boys!
We plan to move our boys together this Summer, and I do anticipate a special season of training. (along with my wonderful bunk bed memories from childhood, I remember quite a few nights that we got into so much trouble being so goofy! =) )
Blessings to you, Julie. I told you I was praying, and I am!
very powerful words Julie. You are a wonderful friend that I cherish. I appreciate your transparency and honesty - some of what you have shared here is very convicting in my life.
I thank God for you! (imperfections and all!!!!)
Post a Comment