That may sound odd. What wife would pray that her husband would get sick....i did.
Charlie has been sick much our marriage. Not debilitating sickness, but chronic issues that have made me sad for him. i have lifted these requests to the Lord. I have shared some with many of you and I have watched him go in spurts where is fine for a little while and then sick for a time.
The last 2 months some of the things have developed to a point where I have pleaded with the Lord to heal my love because i couldn't stand seeing the suffering. Something happened this weekend that finally convinced Charlie he had to go to the doctor. He has been maybe 3 other times during our marriage but the doctors haven't been real helpful. Don't you hate it when you feel like you have to convince your doctor you really are sick? Anyway, Charlie and I (yes I went---I wanted to shared my medical opinions... you know, help the doctor see how significant this was!) At first the doctor started to brush it off with something general. I could see in his eyes he had no intention of perusing anything. He was writing a prescription even before he even examined Charlie! Then I prayed..."Lord show this doctor what is going on....make him see he has to look deeper...." Then it happened --some of Charlie's symptoms came with a vengeance and the doctor looked alarmed and concerned. then the doctor started asking more questions. Then he order three different meds and an x-ray. Order a check up for 7 days. As wellas a test for 2 weeks from now.
Once we got out to the car Charlie asked, "Did you pray I would get sick?"
"Yep, sure did." i replied very matter of factly.
"You know most wives pray that their husbands will get better; not sicker.." was his response.
I can see his point, but a wife's got to do what a wife's got to do......
Please don't worry at this point it's not life or death :)--just something he may have to learn to deal with, but now maybe he'll have the tools needed to help with the side affects.
And in the end i may not have complete confidence in the doctor, but I do in our God.
I love my Charlie.
No comments:
Post a Comment