We were surprising some friends in St. Louis; so we drove through the night so we could be there by morning. We then spent the day at the City Museum. If you have never been -or even heard about this museum I don't think I can do it justice. It's an amazing place for anyone to go to! Kids love it. Adults love it. Elderly people love it. Short people-tall people---they all love this place. We just learned about the museum a few months ago and we would plan future vacations around this one museum. One day is NOT enough time to spend here. Anyway, it's amazing! The website is: www.citymuseum.org you should check it out!
This is on top of the 10 story building. It has a Ferris wheel, tunnel, pond to cross with active water spurts, a climbing slide, a huge green praying mantis tunnel, and bus hanging over the edge. The boys and our friends spent at least 2 hours up on the roof. All the material from the museum comes from the city limits. So the old bridge, old planes, jet fighters, nuts, bolts, Ferris wheel all came from St. Louis. It's just an amazing place!!!
Then we pent a few days in Springfield, Mo. Hotel pools, hanging out with friends and resting made those few days great. Then before we headed home we went a little further south to were we used to live when we first got married. We had lunch with the dear family Charlie used to live with. We spent hours just talking and catching up with them. The C. family are a godly couple who have been so faithful to the Lord and to each other. They both have such neat stories of God's grace working in their lives. We always learn so much from them. Mr. C even saddle up one of his horses, Honey, so the boys could go horse back riding. (Fun for Charlie and I b/c while we were dating I would go down to MO and ride with him----didn't always go so smoothly, but we have funny stories to talk about!) Anyways, E & E loved riding the horses! They thought they were real cowboys!
Chris & Courtney <3
Chris was Charlie's roommate before we got married. (They both lived with the C family) The main reason we went to MO when we did was to attend a surprise birthday party that Courtney, his amazing wife, had been planning for Chris for almost a whole year!
We were gone less than a week, but we had an amazing time. This vacation was such a blessing to our family!
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a blast! I am glad even short people would like that museum, I was starting to think "Nah, we wouldn't like it, we're too short" but we'll definitely have to try it if we're in MO just because you said that!! LOL!! :-)
I know what you mean about everything being better with Charlie around. I feel the same way when Chad is around!
Post a Comment