Friday, June 3, 2011

Yard sales

Finding the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer including the box and instruction manual for $6 at a yard sale is a dream for this mom. I have wanted a Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer ever since my friend Michelle sold PC stuff way back when!
For whatever reason i never purchased one from the company. But since my newly found love for muffins, I have renewed my interest in buying an Apple Peeler/Core/Slicer. So when I was at this yard sale this morning I felt compelled -against my better judgement- to buy the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Only to find out that my new Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer doesn't work. I specifically asked the woman at the sale if the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer worked and she said it did! Why did I fall for her tricks??? This is why I shouldn't buy things at yard sales. Then again...on the other hand, I did get Moriah a super cute little pink tweed peacoat for the fall. And that only cost me 50 cents!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Awwww!!! What's wrong with it?? LOVE that product!! I don't have one either anymore! I wish I did, my cutting ring bent and they are pretty much impossible to bend back! :-( Do they still sell it? Hmmmm...

Michelle said...

They do but it's way more than I want to spend right now... :-P Maybe you could contact OC and get just a replacement part for it for a relatively low cost?

Michelle said...

PC not OC...

julie said...

thanks michelle,
yeah the cutting ring is bent. Why did that woman sell it? maybe she didn't know..? the boys want me to send the police to arrest her... sweet boys...i try to encourage them to think the best of her but i have my doubts. :) I will probaly just throw it away. It had a good life.( i think!)

Michelle said...

I can see it! I bet where that is bent though if Charlie or his dad had a vice and some pliers (or a hammer?) they could straighten it! My cutting ring was bent at the circle part so it wasn't a circle anymore, I couldn't fix that. If you can do it, I would try. Love you and praying for you!