Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ethan update

Children kinda remind me of sumo wrestlers!

Seriously, one minute they are playing nicely- using their manners, sharing and talking sweetly to each other and as soon as I go to compliment or encourage their behavior something happens and I witness this odd scenario that resembles two sumo wrestlers fighting each other to the death!!!??? AHHH.... the joy of having boys!


All that to say, it seems like once you say something is going well inevitability that's when it starts to go wrong. I may be looking at the glass half empty, but I'm just pointing out that within days of saying Ethan's seizures were getting under control he spiralled into having longer and harder seizures. As a mom, I have watched my son experience daily seizures within the last 10 days. I won't say I haven't shed tears pleading with the Lord to take this away--because I have. But in the same breath I have seen how God has protected and worked in really neat ways. One example happened this last Friday. Charlie and the boys were making s'mores around our campfire. Charlie turned his back for a second to get some more wood and during that moment Ethan must have felt a seizure coming, (he describes it as "going pale and feeling scared"), he got up to go to Charlie. But the seizure came to fast and Ethan collapsed just a foot and half from the fire!!! He got all tangles up in his campchair. And if you saw his campchair you would understand that's pretty hard to do. I feel that this is a direct answer to prayer for safety. Please keep praying for Ethan. We are seeking out the Lord's will and we're not sure what to do. We have tried a few alternative type medicines but to no avail!
He had a MRI this morning and we are hoping that reveals some helpful information. Until then we wait. Pray. And trust in the Lord. I'll close with something our pastor has said for years, "Don't doubt in the dark what you know to be true in the light".

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Julie -- We will keep Ethan in our prayers. Thanks for sharing. It helps us to know your immediate needs, especially for safety, as I would not have thought of that!

Michelle said...

We are definitely praying. Thank you for the update. I wouldn't have thought of the safety aspect either. We'll pray specifically for that and for answers. Praying for you friend!

Bec said...

Praying for my cousins! I love you all!