Thursday, March 5, 2009

sickness


Psalms 73:26, "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."


This has been a verse that i have reminded myself of over the last 4 weeks. First I had a slight cold(real brief) then Elliot. A few days later Ethan followed but not as a serve. Both had runny noses and messes coming from both ends!!! Elliot was sick for 2 weeks and we had a couple days that i thought the sickness was gone. Tuesday I woke up to utter pain. My throat, my ears, my head...my whole body ached. Thankfully Charlie's mom came and took the boys as I rested. Today, I think I may be feeling better, but I still ache. On top of that Charlie began to show signs on Tuesday night as well that he would be joining me on my journey of sickness. This morning we spent watching dvd's and then the boys spent most of their day separated in their bedrooms playing with their toys and books. Their imaginations are at their tip-top best shape ever!
I can hear my granny's voice in the back of my head saying, "you go and go and go and let your body get worn down...it's no surprise that you're sick!" It's always easier to look back and see how chaotic your life was instead of realizing it in the midst of it all.....There is so much to do. Jesus said the harvest is white already--that means now is the time to act! We were able to do a few really purposeful youth group outings in between being sick. I would love to share about the youth conference we went this weekend.....but i need to go take a nap!


ps. thank you dear friend for the soup,bread and cookies!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry your sick! When i read this the other day i prayed for healing and strength to endure! Hoping your doing better now!

julie said...

keep praying...i'm not better yet. i went to the doctor on friday and got some medicine, but for whatever reason I can't seem to beat it.

ann said...

ooohhh